Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Evening 10pm: New York City

I've just printed my boarding pass for tomorrow night's flight to Copenhagen, so I think I'm in good shape.  The flight is 8 hours and 15 minutes flying time.  When I arrive in Copenhagen I will report on the special "Economy Comfort" seat I paid for.

Today's flights (Tucson-Atlanta-LaGuardia) were crowded to the rafters--I am continually amazed at what people try to squeeze into the overhead compartments, fully abetted by airline employees--but I managed to get here without too much bruising (ego or otherwise).  My suitcase weighed only 40 pounds, so I've got room to gain 10 pounds more as I travel!

I'm spending tonight at my cousin Helen's in Manhattan and am happy to report she continues to progress nicely from her surgery.  It was only 82 degrees today--a whole lot more pleasant than the 105 when I was here last week.

The next entry will be from Copenhagen.