Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday, 26 April 2010

I am sitting on my verandah, watching the clouds pass over in a clear blue sky, enjoying the fresh lively breezes.

Fortunately and unfortunately, I am not on the Queen Mary 2, but back in the garden at home in Tucson!

Over the next few days I will start daily postings going back to last Monday when the Eurodam docked in Rome.  Although the Icelandic volcanic caused a lot of upheaval and complications, including my not being able to get from Rome to London and thus having to cancel my return transatlatic voyage, things were not as bad as they could have been.  After all, money can solve a lot of problems (I guess that's good and bad too).
Although Rome has never been one of my favorite cities, I did enjoy three wonderful days of spectacular weather, great food, and just enough wine to keep me from too much anxiety. 

But I will gave all the details in later postings.  For now I just want everyone to know that I am safely home again.