Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Monday, 25 September 2023
Tucson, Arizona

Previous Trips to Juneau, Alaska, 
and Kyoto, Japan  

 
As promised in the previous blog, here are some photos from my past trips to Alaska and Japan. Although I have visited many places in Japan over the years since 1985, I am including pictures only from Kyoto, since I will be spending most of my Japan week there and in Osaka. These pictures are from before the digital-photography age; they have been copied into my computer from the original prints, some of which have not aged well.

I am also including some photos from Juneau, where Will and I visited in 2009. You may wish to compare these with new photos I will post as I travel on this trip.

Kyoto, May 1986



Shinkansen (Bullet Train) from Hakone to Kyoto

Fuji-san from Shinkansen Window

                  Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion Temple)

Temple Lamps

 



Philosopher's Walk
Fushimi Inari Shinto Shrine

Worker Tends Buddhist Temple Stone Garden

Juneau, May 1986



Downtown Juneau from ms Oosterdam Stateroom Veranda


ms Oosterdam Docked in Juneau

I have two more days to finish packing and getting myself ready for this trip. I will bid farewell to my Mountain View Retirement Village friends on Friday evening at our monthly Dinner Elegante in  the Dining Room.

You will hear from me again from Seattle on Saturday or from the Westerdam on Sunday.