Friday, August 31, 2012

30 August 2012
Day at Sea

We spend the day sailing north toward Norway so there is not much to report.  Have already sent out two bags of laundrey from the 12 days travelling to NJYC, Berlin, and Amsrterdam.  The ship offers an all-you-can-get-dirty-laundry-package for the entire 16 days of the cruise--so I am taking advantage of that.

Tour Director Ian is still with the Eurodam; I'll be sure to greet him personally since we have shared four cruises.  I know he remembers me beacuse I gave him some heavy negatives in my frist end-of-cruise review (which HAL takes very seriously)--too much attitude and general snideness about everything.  But he obviously took the criticism to heart and his performance on the last three cruises has been much better.  There will be a good deal of scenic cruising narration as we sail to New York, so his role is pretty important.

The seas are a little high as evening approaches so I decide to skip the dining room and have room service instead before settling in for the night.

I'm still blogging from my ipad.  I haven't tried to resurrect my laptop since it wouldn't work in Amsterdam.  It's a good thing I backed up everything on my external hard drive before leaving Tucson.
It may have gotten bumped one time too many as I travelled to get here.  But the ipad is also a good ice-breaker; everyone who has one feels the need to talk to others.

Tomorrow I shall report form our first port:  Stavanger, Norway