Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Leaving New York City


American Airlines Admiral's Club
JFK Airport, New York City
2:05pm

I am sitting at a computer in the AA Admiral's Club watching planes landing and taking off at JFK (free admission to the Club is one of the perks of flying Business Class on Air Berlin).  My flight to Berlin is scheduled to leave on time at 5:30pm and I am checked in and ready to go.

Yesterday I flew on Delta from Tucson to Atlanta to New York (LGA).  Both flights took off and landed early, which was a good thing since I originally had only 35 minutes between flights in ATL.

Today is a lovely late summer New York day and I was able to enjoy some last minute shopping and banking in the Union Square area, where I had spent the night at my cousin Helen's. 

Tomorrow I will report from Berlin and have a lot more to talk about and describe.