Thursday, May 14, 2015

I have returned to finish up the blogging from my recent cruise.  At least I will be able to post more photos from home than when on board ship.

1 May 2015
Mykonos

The Zuiderdam approaches the island of Mykonos from the west and drops anchor within sight of the main town of Hora.  We are better off tendering in to shore today, because larger ships have to dock pretty far from all the attractions of the town.  Today is Europe's Labor Day and many of the traditional attractions, including the boat trip to Delos, are closed or cancelled.  But the shops and cafes are open, the sun is shining in an intense blue sky, and the breezes are soft and warm--and that's really all one needs to enjoy this most popular of all the Greek isles.  When I was here for three nights in 1993, I stayed at the Elisium Hotel, which is located just above the top of this first photograph.