Thursday, May 7, 2015

Thursday, 7 May 2015
Tucson

I am back at home in Tucson, exhausted from all the travails of travelling on the Zuiderdam, but exhilerated by all the wonderful ports and scenic views.  Coming home yesterday took 27 hours of travelling, including waiting time at airports and making connections.  I disembarked from the Zuiderdam in Civitivacchia (Port of Rome) Wednesday at 7:30am, Rome time (10pm the previous Tuesday night, Tucson time), and arrived back in Tucson at 1am Thursday morning.   The nine hours in Business Class on Air Canada from Rome to Toronto were fine, with a full-lenth lay-out seat-bed.  But my transfer times in Toronto and Atlanta were short, and the gates very far apart (of course).  I'll explain in a later posting why I chose this routing.

As soon as I am rested a bit I will continue with the blog, posting more pictures from Mykonos, Rhodes, Santorini, and my surprisingly pleasant day in Naples.  But for now I just want to let everyone know that I am at home and hope all is well with my readers as we gently move into Spring.