Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday, 14 August 2011:  London

Another short posting from London just to keep things going.  Almost all the important Underground lines are closed for maintenance this weekend--lucky me.  But the buses do quite nicely.

Have seen the harrowing production of Journey's End, about the trenches in WWI, and the revised version of Sondheim's Bounce which is now know as Road Show.  Will try for one more show tomorrow. Enjoyed a posh lunch at the restaurant atop the National Portrait Gallery, with wonderful views over Trafalgar Square and the London Eye.  I guess I will get around to taking the Eye sometime, but the lines are just much too long now.

London is very crowded but the sun is shining and everyone is in good spirits.  I had a good night's sleep at the Hilton last night, but I swear the waves were quite high as I sloshed about in the bed. Was rougher than the 12 nights at sea.

More when I return to the US.