Monday, April 10, 2017

Sunday, 9 April, 2017
Waiting for the Train to Valencia

I am reposting this entry since the pictures didn't transfer the first time, so please enjoy these shots from my wandering through Barcelona.

Debarkation went smoothly and simply this morning, with no wait time to get off the ship or pass through immigration and customs. After my room service breakfast, I leave the ship with my luggage and head into the cruise port, where I find a service that will take my two bags (one large and one small) to the train station where I can pick them up shortly before my train leaves for Valencia (for a fee, of course).  But it leaves me free to wander around a Barcelona for a few hours without having to taxi to the station to check my bags.















After joining the throngs of tourists parading the streets this Palm 

Sunday, I have a late lunch near the train station and am ready to board for Valencia, third largest city in Spain.

Sunday
On the Train to Valencia
First class coach offers comfortable seats and free refreshments, including sandwiches and wine or beer, if one chooses.  After a quick 3.5 hours I arrive at Valencia's new station and taxi to m hotel, right in the heart of the old city.

It is too late for seeing the sights tonight, so tomorrow I shall report more of Valencia.