Saturday, November 20, 2021

Saturday, 20 November 2021
Sailing Toward Cartagena, Spain

Today ms Riviera is sailing from Barcelona to Cartagena. This is a result of a change in itinerary:  we will not be visiting Casablanca (boo) because Morocco has closed its ports to cruise ships.  Instead we are spending the day in unscheduled Cartagena, which I have visited twice before. 

Monday, 15 November 2021
Another Day in Dubai

I spend the early morning packing for tomorrow’s departure to Rome, then head back to EXPO for my final visit.  While on the way, I receive a message that my Covid test result is ready, which I access on my phone and take a quick look to see that it is negative, so I will be able to fly tomorrow. I message Will with the good news and go about the rest of my day. But this is not the end of the story.

When I return to the hotel in the evening I ask the front desk to print a copy of my test results for me to take to the airport. Imagine my horror when the printed version is indeed negative, but is the result for another person entirely! So not only do I not have the proper form, I don’t even know what my Covid status is. The hotel manager offers to help as I spend a very anxious 45 minutes waiting…waiting...waiting... At last I am given the proper form with my name and my negative test results.

But before I fly to Rome, here are a few more EXPO photos:

Flight Simulator Inside Emirates Air Pavilion

Cleanest Public Restrooms I Have Ever Seen

Batik Display Inside Indonesia Pavilion

Singapore Pavilion

Spanish Pavilion