Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Wednesday, 13 November 2019
Dubai, UAE

As I get ready to head to the Dubai Airport for my long flights home, I want to apologize for all the errors and problems in the last post of a few days ago.  I even forgot to include photos from the Great Mosque in Abu Dhabi, which I will try to start with here.  I must have been half-asleep. Dubai itself, will have to wait until I am back in Tucson, when I can blog freely again.

Friday, 8 November 2019
Abu Dhabi, UAE (Part 2)

Although the crowds were horrendous and the mosque rather garish, my visit made an interesting contrast with the Louvre, the latter a temple of art, while the former is a monument to self-aggrandizement and ego of the ruler.

A Lalique Chandelier 


Inside the Blue Entrance Dome


The Courtyard  (above and below)

Another Chandelier 


Gold-Topped Palm Columns in Long Vestibule
Miles of Hand-Knotted Belgian Carpet
Crowds in the Vestibule 
Grand Mosque at Night

So good night until the next blog when I shall begin my five days in Dubai.