Sunday, October 9, 2016

Atlanta, Georgia 
9 October 2016

I am safely arrived at the Airport Hilton Hotel in Atlanta.  The flight from Tucson was packed tight, but my Economy Comfort aisle seat made the journey at least tolerable.  And lo, Delta is even providing fuller free snacks to those in the EC section.  Most importantly, the flight was smooth and we arrived about 15 minutes early.

Fall has clearly arrived here and I am glad to be wearing my jacket (with many zippered pockets it's great for traveling).  A quick free shuttle ride gets me to the hotel, which is itself rather disappointing, especially for being the Hilton flagship of their many hotels at the airport.  The television in my room will not work (keeps turning itself on and off) and the room looks like it hasn't been dusted in several days.  I ask to be moved to another room, which is a bit better.  Although the hotel claims to have several restaurants, the only one open is a rather sleazy bar and grill.  The wifi is free, but only for Hilton Honors members who make a reservation on the Hilton website (which I did).

I napped on the plane and I am looking forward to a good night's rest.  My flight to Rome doesn't leave until after 3pm tomorrow.  I am staying overnight in Atlanta because I can't take the multiple flights on the same day to get from Tucson to Rome--just getting too old.  And I had enough frequent flyer miles for a free flight from Atlanta to Rome, but not enough to get me to Rome from Tucson.  Thus I purchased a low fare from Tucson to Atlanta and will fly free to Rome tomorrow.

But now it's time for goodnight.  I'll be back when I arrive in Rome.