Wednesday, April 22, 2015

HAL Tries to Drown Complaining Passengers in Flooded Cabins

I wake up close to midnight (having taken a sleeping pill) to a strange, sweetly sickening smell in Stateroom 1094.  I step down into several inches of water rising fast throughout the entire cabin--except in the bathroom.  Neighboring cabins were in the same condition.  

HAL sends one mechanic and one pump to deal with the problem, and no one from higher management is anywhere in sight except for one female from the Front Desk who assigns new rooms (on a ship on which I was told there were no available cabins).

I ask for slippers so I can get a few essentials from the still-flooding room--medication, camera, and electronics.  But I am sure much else of my personal property is being ruined by the water.

I shall try to get some sleep in this temporary cabin on deck five, but tomorrow is looking like a very bad day indeed.